William R. Pelger is a diligent, hard working attorney, who devotes personal attention to each case and takes pride in obtaining excellent results for his clients. He began his career as a trial lawyer with the Allegheny County Public Defender, earning a reputation as a zealous defender of individual rights and human dignity. During this time, Attorney Pelger, litigated hundreds of trials with much success and developed many contacts in the court system.
Even after moving his practice from downtown to his hometown of Munhall in 1996, Attorney Pelger remains active in the civil, criminal and family courts in Pittsburgh. Although he continues to represent the interests of the rightfully and wrongfully accused and of the injured person, Attorney Pelger devotes a significant portion of his practice to providing practical and economic solutions for legal problems encountered by every day working people in the Mon Valley communities and the entire Pittsburgh area, including elder and estate law. His focus areas are:
- CRIMINAL DEFENSE.All areas of criminal defense including DUI/DWI, juvenile crimes, sex crimes, domestic violence, theft, drug, narcotic and controlled substance charges, guns and firearm violations, white collar crimes, computer crimes, detainers, probation and parole violations and bond/bail hearings. We expunge criminal records.
- ESTATE PLANNING AND PROBATE. Drafting of essential estate planning documents with the goal of eliminating future problems for you and your loved ones, including General Durable Powers of Attorney, Health Care Powers of Attorney, Wills, Living Wills, and Deeds. The handling of all probate and non-probate matters including the opening of an estate, filing of all legally required estate documents, drafting inheritance tax returns and preparation of accounts for the courts.
- PERSONAL INJURY and GENERAL CIVIL CLAIMS. If you are injured as a result of another person’s negligence, let Attorney Pelger put his experience and trial skills to work for you. If you have been sued, Attorney Pelger can defend you. If you need to file a lawsuit against someone to recover your money or property or other losses, let Attorney Pelger help you.
- FAMILY LAW. Child or spousal support actions, child custody conciliations or trials, and settlement or litigation of Protection from Abuse (PFA) statute matters. We handle the court name change process.
- REAL ESTATE. Preparation of deeds, sales agreements, contracts and documents needed to transfer property.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- Protection from Abuse (PFA)
- Estate Planning
- Probate Violations
- Non-Probate Matters
- Elder Law
- Powers of Attorney
- Living Wills
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Litigation and Appeals
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1987
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, May, 1987
Honors: Dean’s List
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, June, 1981
Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Dean’s List